I finally finished the porcelain skull I bought back in August. This was a fun project, but it took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do to it. I came across this picture on pinterest and that became my inspiration.
This is the unfinished piece right after I purchased it:
I then took it and painted it so that it looked old and worn down. The lighting on this one is a bit more yellow than it really is.
I had then sent out this image as a teaser on Instagram. The lighting is still a bit to yellow, I guess it's a combination of the light that is on above it and my iPhone.
After looking at it for a few days I decided there were parts of it that I didn't like, and when I picked it up some of the jewels fell right off. I pulled them all off and started over gluing them down with hobby glue.
Here is the finished piece with more natural lighting and taken with a better camera. I really like the way this came out.