I finished these a couple of months ago. I was waiting to take the photos of all of them completed, If you follow along with my monthly adventures you will remember I was building on these during the fall. I do love how they came out. I used the same technique to start them by making pinch pots and putting them together to create the ball. I then created the features I wanted for each of the faces. Each one is about the size of a smaller grapefruit.
First up is my Big Mouthed Monster. He is super cute and I modeled him a little after Mike from Monsters, Inc.
This is the Big Mouthed Witch. I wanted to make her a little hat but the clay got to dry and I decided I liked her the way she was without one. After she was completed I realized she reminded me a bit of Mad Madam Mim from The Sword in the Stone.
This one is Big Mouthed Jack. I wanted to do a fun Jack O'Lantern. I really like the way this came out. After finishing him I kind of wished I would have done a darker color for the inside because there isn't enough contrast from the outside.
This little pumpkin started out with the idea to create another Jack O'Lantern. I decided to put the little leaf on the top and decided to not give it a face. The glazing on this came out darker than expected but I find it very pretty.