This month was all about watercolor. I have been wanting to try different watercolor mediums, so this came at a great time. I have never used tube watercolor paint before. The color seems so much more vibrant from the tube. I enjoyed all the supplies I received in this month's box. See below for my review and more information on the supplies.
Here is a list and my perspective on the supply:
1. The first thing you get is a bookmark with a list of all the supplies. There was a corny little joke on it this month "Why was the painting sent to jail? ~ Because it was framed."
2. A Sticker of the ArtSnacks Logo. I love the design of this logo.
3. A yummy treat. This month I got a small pack of Smarties.
4. QoR Watercolor by Golden ($15.79 Retail Value). This is the first time I have tried a tube watercolor paint. I have been using pan sets. The color seems so much more vibrant and easier to work with than the pans. I think I might have the invest in some more tube watercolor paint.
5. Elite Synthetic Kolinsky Sable Brush by Princeton Brush ($12.50 Retail Value). I got a size 6 round brush and it was the perfect size. It comes to a nice point so you can do smaller detail areas.
6. The Masters Brush Cleaner & Preserver by General Pencil ($2.59 Retail Value). I have been meaning to get some of this professional brush cleaner. I have been just using Dawn dish soap to clean my brushes.
7. Pentel Arts Hybrid Technica Roller Ball Pen ($2.99 Retail Value). I liked this pen quite a bit. Although it seemed easy to smudge on the Yupo paper that was provided to work with. I think this will go in my everyday pencil case. It glided so smoothly.
8. YUPO Watercolor Paper by Legion Paper (This was a Bonus Item so there wasn't a cost included). I have heard of this paper before but I haven't really worked with it. The paper is a non-porous, water-resistant polypropylene blend of paper. It was really strange to work with because the watercolor wouldn't go down completely smooth. It would pool up in areas. I used this to my advantage and worked in a few layers.
I decided on drawing a lizard for the #artsnackschallenge based on the green color I received. Overall I really liked all the supplies. I will have fun experimenting with the Yupo paper.
Do you get any type of subscription boxes? Which ones do you get? Let me know what you think of these ArtSnack boxes.