This month's ArtSnacks Box was another great art supply haul. See below for my review of each of the supplies.
Here is a list and my perspective on the supply:
1. The first thing you get is a bookmark with a list of all the supplies. There was a corny little joke on it this month "What does Salvador Dali have for breakfast? ~ A bowl of surreal."
2. A Sticker of the ArtSnacks Logo. I love the design of this logo. This month the finish on the sticker was more of a matte finish with a soft-touch coating on it. Love this change.
3. A yummy treat. This month I got a lime flavored LifeSavor.
4. Denik Custom Mini Sketchbook ($5.00 Retail Value). This mini sketchbook is such a great size to put in your purse/pocket to take with you anywhere. I loved the custom graphic design that ArtSnacks came up with for the cover. The only down side is paper is a bit thin and the markers bled through.
5. General's Layout Pencil ($0.75 Retail Value). This is a great pencil that is soft and makes beautiful marks.
6. Kuretake No. 7 Brush Pen ($7.00 Retail Value). In previous boxes we received brush pens and I find them a bit hard to control but I need more practice at it. I did love this one because the nib was a bit smaller and firmer, so I was able to control my marks better.
7. Caran d'Ache Fibralo Brush Marker ($2.25 Retail Value). I really liked the color of this brush marker and the brush tip on it was a bit firmer for more accurate marks. The only disappointment with this marker is the bookmark mentions that you can add water to it for a watercolor wash. I did not find that it blended well when water was added over the marks.
8. Spectra AD Marker ($5.15 Retail Value). This is a brand new product. It is an alcohol-based marker and it had both a chisel and brush nib. The color I received was peach. I found that it laid down the color nicely. I would say the only con to this is I wished they would have given 2 markers so that I could see how the blending worked with these markers.
Overall these were great supplies. It took me a little bit to think of what to draw for the #artsnackschallenge. I decided on an ocean theme based on the blue and peach colors of the markers I received. I decided to create a little flip-through video since I did more than one drawing.
Do you get any type of subscription boxes? Which ones do you get? Let me know what you think of these ArtSnack boxes.