Another month of ArtSnacks! This is the May box and it had some interesting art supplies. I am still loving receiving these and creating something new every month.
Here is a list and my perspective on the supply:
1. The first thing you get is a bookmark with a list of all the supplies. It had a little quote on it this month "The pencil is mightier than the eraser."
2. A Sticker of the ArtSnacks Logo. I love the design of this logo.
3. A yummy treat. This month I got a cherry Laffy Taffy.
4. FW Neon Acrylic Ink by Daler-Rowney ($7.70 Retail Value). I got a lovely florescent Orange. I am not completely fond of the color orange, but this is a bright beautiful color.
5. KRINK K-90 Paint Marker ($12.00 Retail Value). I have to admit I did not like the way this paint marker worked. Maybe I just did something wrong, but I watched a couple of other videos of people using it and they seemed to have the same issue. It has a metal roller-ball tip, kind of like a ball point pen, but the paint just seemed to splooge out. I couldn't get it to come out in a nice even line. I ended up pressing it out into a palette and added water to it for a nice even line.
6. Kuretake Brush2o Long ($7.25 Retail Value). I really enjoyed working with this waterbrush. I ended up just putting water in mine, and put the inks in a palette so I could control the amount of pigment I used.
7. General's Cedar Pointe Graphite Pencil - No. 1 Extra Soft ($0.66 Retail Value). This is a really nice pencil and the eraser works great on it.
Overall I enjoyed these supplies. Although orange is not a favorite color I think I came up with a great #artsnackschallenge. The first thing I thought of for orange was a fox and then a monarch butterfly. The pictures do not do the neon color justice. Here are some pictures of the artwork I created using only the supplies in the box.
I can't wait to see what comes in next month's box. Let me know what you think and if you get any of these subscription boxes.