This is my second ArtSnacks box and I am still enjoying receiving this surprise in my mailbox every month. I am planning on at least a couple more months of boxes. I find it fun to get art supplies that I wouldn't either buy myself or can't find in any of the local art/craft stores. I also enjoy challenging myself to create art with only the supplies I receive in the box.
The box came in the mail April 2nd. Here is a list of the items I received in this month's box:
1. A little bookmark explaining all of the items. This also includes a fun cheesy joke: Where does a cow hang its paintings? - In a moooseum!
2. An ArtSnacks logo sticker.
3. Sourpatch kid candy. Man I forgot how sour these are!!!
4. Koi Coloring Brush Pen by Sakura ($2.50 retail value). I really liked this brush pen and the red was super vibrant.
5. Le Plume Permanent Brush Pen ($2.60 retail value). At first I thought this brush pen was supposed to be black and thought it was just a weak black. After looking at it closer I realized that it is actually brown.
6. Ironlak Strikers Twin Marker ($3.99 retail value). This was a great marker. I especially liked that it was 2 sided, one side had a bullet nib and the other was a chisel nib. The color lays down nicely but does leave streaks and bleeds through quite a bit.
7. Kuretake Metallic Brush Pen ($7.92 retail value). This brush pen took quite some time to get the ink flowing. The color I received was described as a red metallic. It was basically a pink color and I didn't feel like there was any shimmer or metallic look to the pen. I did enjoy using this brush pen though.
8. Faber-Castell 9000 Jumbo Pencil ($3.20 retail value). This pencil had the such a soft and smooth lead to it.
Overall I enjoyed the supplies in this month's box. I have been wanting to try out brush pens and found they are interesting to use. I have a lot more practicing to do in using these properly. I had a hard time keeping my line width consistent.
This is a picture of the page I did trying out the materials.
Here is the artwork I came up with using only the supplies in the box.
I look forward to using these brush pens more! I can't wait to see what is in next month's box. Let me know if you receive any of these subscription boxes and what you think of them.