I have been checking out a bunch of the different art subscription boxes. I looked up blog reviews and I watched unboxing and art videos about them. I had a hard time deciding at first which one to try. I decided on the ArtSnacks box because it was the better price point for what I could afford right now. They also sold me because they mentioned they were going to have a special surprise in the box this month because it is their birthday month, they have been in business for 3 years, and this is also my birthday month.
I received my box right around March 1st and I was excited to open it. See picture above for items that came in the box.
1. A little card about them turning 3 this month.
2. The special treat was the little ArtSnacks pin (usually there is just an ArtSnacks sticker).
3. A piece of Super Bubble Gum. You get a little snack in each box.
4. A bookmark that explains all the items in the box.
5. Kum Automatic Long Point Sharpener ($10.65 retail value). This pencil sharpener is amazing and gives such a sharp point.
6. Tombow Irojiten Colored Pencil ($2.39 retail value). The color I got was called Kingfisher, it was a beautiful shade of blue. I really liked the feel of this colored pencil.
7. KOH-i-Noor Woodless Colored Pencil ($1.04 retail value). The color on this was green, This colored pencil was nice also but I did like the Tombow a bit better.
8. Posca Paint Marker ($4.50 retail value). I received a green color on this one also. A lot of the artists I follow on my social media use these markers, so I have been super curious about them. I do like the way they work and the paint comes out super smooth. I have been using the sharpie paint markers and they tend to blob out sometimes.
9. Liquitex Professional Paint Marker ($6.99 retail value). I got the cadmium yellow in this paint marker. This marker was also super smooth.
10. For a Bonus Item a small sample of RENDR Paper. This paper handled all the paint and color pencil very well.
Here is a close up of the pin and the Super Bubble Gum. I really love their ArtSnacks logo.
It took me some time to come up with what to draw. I did have a vision of a girl with blonde hair blowing in the wind, but I wanted to add something else to it. Finally I thought about St. Patrick's Day being this month, and added the shamrocks blowing in her hair. Then adding some shamrocks and movement in the background.
I really enjoyed receiving this box and challenging myself to just use the materials that came in the box (although I did cheat a little and used a white gel pen to add the highlights in her eyes). I am going to get the April box and see how this goes.